Information about our services for patients and families.Our care services
Payroll Giving is becoming increasingly popular. Discover more about how your business can support St Barnabas House hospice care by making tax deductible gift donations through the Payroll Giving scheme.
Payroll Giving is a flexible scheme which allows anyone who pays UK income tax to regularly give and on a tax free basis to the charities and good causes of their choice. Payroll Giving donations are deducted before tax so each £1 you give will only cost you 80p, and if you’re a higher rate tax payer, it will only cost you 60p. If you give directly to us from your salary it allows us to provide respite and palliative care to the children who use the hospice and support to their families.
• It’s easy to administer.
• It’s good for your business because it shows that you care about your staff and community – helping to build better employer-employee relationships.
• Corporate citizenship – showing commitment in working in partnership with the community, improving your company’s public image and leading to positive external publicity.
• Gives your employees the opportunity to donate to their chosen charity in a simple and tax effective way.
• Your business will be seen to be more supportive and caring.
• Enhances staff morale – improving retention and recruitment.
• Improves your business’s charitable giving and social responsibility with minimal effort or cost to the employer.
• Enables you to measure the level of charitable giving that your company has helped achieve.
Register your business with a Payroll Giving Agency (PGA) which will process your employees’ donations and distribute the money to their chosen charities.
By law, Payroll Giving must be administered through an Inland Revenue registered PGA and they will advise you on the best way to set up the scheme.
• Let everyone know about the scheme – nominate a member of staff to be your Payroll Giving champion.
• Include Payroll Giving in your staff induction programme.
• Demonstrate your dedication – think about matching Payroll Giving donations.
• Thank your staff for signing up.
Should you wish, a member of the Chestnut Tree House Corporate Fundraising Team would be happy to come to your company and talk about Payroll Giving.
For more information, please contact your Corporate Fundraiser on 01903 871846.
Visit payrollgiving.co.uk to find out more.
Please download our Chestnut Tree House Payroll Giving leaflet to the right of the screen.