Hours: 22.5 per week
Salary: £20,298 - £26,562 per annum (FTE £33,830 - £44,270) depending on experience (NHS Band 7 Equivalent)
Closing date: Monday 27 November
Location: Chestnut Tree House Hospice, near Arundel
Chestnut Tree House, near Arundel is the children’s hospice for East & West Sussex and South East Hampshire. We provide specialist palliative care and short breaks for children and young people with life-shortening conditions across Sussex and South East Hampshire.
We currently have the following vacancy:
- Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge?
- Are you committed to achieving clinical excellence together with promoting staff development and team satisfaction?
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic children’s nurse with recent clinical experience at a minimum of Band 6 or equivalent, with a mentorship qualification or equivalent teaching qualification, and a commitment to the learning and development of all clinical staff and nursing students.
- You will need to possess excellent leadership and organisational skills.
- You must be able to adopt a proactive approach within your role & be committed to:
- Supporting all new starters to establish safe and effective working practices
- The development and maintenance of proficiency and competence tools for care staff and the delivery and evaluation of associated training.
- Establishing education, learning and research as priorities alongside clinical care, promoting a culture of learning, enquiry, research and innovation across Chestnut Tree House.
- Cultivating relationships with the local, national and international external environment to ensure that Chestnut Tree House Children’s Hospice is proactively responding to opportunities and challenges relevant to education, learning and research.
- Maintaining a close involvement in improvement initiatives and change processes within the organisation.
- Upholding the rights of children and young people and demonstrating a commitment to safeguarding their welfare.
As our location is not accessible by public transport access to your own transport is essential
An enhanced DBS will be sought if you are successful in this role.
- Enrolment onto our company pension scheme or the option to continue in an NHS pension
- 35 days (FTE) annual leave including bank holidays
- Free parking
- Free clinical indemnity insurance cover
- Availability to join Healthcare Cash Plan
- Corporate Rate Gym Membership
The safe recruitment of staff at St Barnabas Hospices is the first step to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults in our care. As an employer we expect all staff and volunteers to share our commitment to safeguarding.