Set amongst the stunning South Downs National Park and taking in the sights of the UK’s highest chalk sea cliffs, this is a gruelling but utterly worthwhile off-road challenge…there is nothing else quite like the Beachy Head Marathon.
A portion of your entry fee already goes to support Chestnut Tree House, but if you wanted to take up a challenge as rewarding as the race itself, raising £675 allows a child to spend a night at Chestnut Tree House, where they will receive specialist care and be able to enjoy all the facilities the house has to offer.
The race fills up fast and there are no on the day registrations, so head secure your place today! Parking is available on the seafront leading up to the Start line at Bede’s School.
What do you get when you join Team Chestnut?
- Running Vest: A Chestnut Tree House running vest to wear with pride on the day and for all your training runs.
- Fundraising Pack: A guide to give your fundraising a kick start, full of ideas to inspire you!
- Top 10 Tips: The things to remember to make your fundraising a success.
- Sponsorship Form: Download the all important Chestnut Tree House Sponsor Form..
- Facebook Group: Sharing is caring. Join our Chestnut Tree House runners group to chat and share stories, tips, and ideas.
How your sponsor money will help
Here are just a few ways your support makes a huge difference to the lives of children and young people in our care…
- £220 allows a member of our Community Team to provide a few hours specialist care for a life-limited child in their home, giving the parents or carers quality time together.
- £230 gives a child the chance to visit the house for the day for a “Stay and Play” session. They will be able to enjoy our range of facilities whilst giving mum and dad a break.
- £285 provides one hour of all care services at Chestnut Tree House. This is the amount we have to raise every hour.
- £675 allows a child to spend a night at Chestnut Tree House, where they will receive specialist care and be able to enjoy all the facilities the house has to offer.
- £887 allows a nurse to support a family immediately following bereavement, helping them to plan the funeral and to say their final goodbyes to their child.
- £1,500 allows our Community Team to host a Family Day for 20 families, providing a range of activities and information for the whole family to enjoy.
- £2,025 gives a child a 3 night break at Chestnut Tree House, where they’ll receive specialist care whilst also being able to relax in the multi-sensory room, enjoy the therapy pool, and join in with a host of activities…whilst mum and dad get to “recharge their batteries”.
Not a runner but would like to get involved…become a Team Chestnut volunteer!
We couldn’t make our events work without our team of amazing and dedicated volunteers. Helping with marshalling, car parking, bag drops, medal giving, and being part of our race day cheer squads.
View our current event volunteering opportunities or fill out an event volunteering form and we’ll be in touch.