Information about our services for patients and families.Our care services
Due to the escalation of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), the BM10k has been postponed from 19 April until 20 September 2020. We’d like to thank our Team Chestnut runners for their support, especially at this difficult time, and for making every step count for children with life-shortening conditions and their families in Sussex.
We completely understand why the decision was taken to postpone the Brighton Marathon Weekend, which includes the BM10k. The preparation needed for running events like this by the participants who signed up to take part for Chestnut Tree House should not be underestimated. We would like to thank all our Team Chestnut runners for their support and hope to see them on the rescheduled date in September.
All runners due to take part in the Brighton Marathon Weekend should have received official communications from the event organisers. But, if you were due to run for us and have any queries, please get in touch with our events team.
Thank you for your support. We will keep you informed with updates from the organisers, as well as more dates for summer training runs.
Team Chestnut runners taking part in the BM10k 2020 help raise vital funds to provide care and support for even more children and their families across Sussex and South East Hampshire..
BM10k 2020 will no longer take place on Sunday 19 April. On Friday 13 March, the decision was taken by event organisers to postpone the event to Sunday 20 September. Details will be confirmed nearer the time, but is likely to start at 9:00am from Preston Park to the Event Village on Madeira Drive.
You’ll need to collect your race pack and race number from the Event Village on the Friday or Saturday ahead of the event.
Find more information about parking, travel, toilet locations and water stops on the BM10K website.
Results and timings for this year can be found on the BM10K website and will be posted on race day for 2020.
The BM10k start line and bag drop is at Preston Park and finish line is on Madeira Drive. View the full 2019 BM10k Route Map below.
Road closures will likely start at 5:30am and continue throughout the day. View the full 2019 road closures map here.
The BM10k 2020 route map and road closures will be available nearer race day.
Here are just a few ways your support makes a huge difference to the lives of children and young people in our care…
• £220 allows a member of our Community Team to provide a few hours specialist care for a life-limited child in their home, giving the parents or carers quality time together.
• £230 gives a child the chance to visit the house for the day for a “Stay and Play” session. They will be able to enjoy our range of facilities whilst giving mum and dad a break.
• £285 provides one hour of all care services at Chestnut Tree House. This is the amount we have to raise every hour.
• £675 allows a child to spend a night at Chestnut Tree House, where they will receive specialist care and be able to enjoy all the facilities the house has to offer.
• £887 allows a nurse to support a family immediately following bereavement, helping them to plan the funeral and to say their final goodbyes to their child.
We couldn’t make our events work without our team of amazing and dedicated volunteers. Helping with marshalling, car parking, bag drops, medal giving, and being part of our race day cheer squads.