Information about our services for patients and families.Our care services
Being the only run to go through both the City of London and City of Westminster, this is not your average half marathon! Run for Chestnut Tree and help make hospice care in Sussex possible – now and in the future!
While running past some of London’s most spectacular landmarks, the 2021 event will be shining a light on how we are coming together as a nation during the Covid-19 pandemic and will celebrate the grand, quirky and hidden landmark moments of 2020.
The race starts by The Strand, finishes by Downing Street and has fabulous views of London’s most iconic landmarks including Big Ben, St Paul’s Cathedral, Nelson’s Column, the Gherkin, the Shard, the Tower of London and the London Eye.
Use your place to run for Team Chestnut and help families during this pandemic, who are coping with caring for their poorly children at this stressful time, take a well-earned break and make isolated families feel less alone.
From moving the start area to give the event more space, creating a new pen system, adding one way systems for bag drops and toilets, and extended road closures the organisers have been putting more measures in place to keep the event COVID safe in 2021. You can see all the measures being put in place on the London Landmarks website.
There may be a (half) marathon task ahead, but we’re here with you every step of the way, supporting you on your fundraising and training journey!
Here is how your support can help transform the lives of local children, young people, and their families everyday…
• Your £220 means a child can be cared for at home, giving the parents or carers quality time together.
• Your £230 means a child can enjoy themselves with a day of play at Chestnut Tree House.
• Your £285 means an hour of all care services can be given at Chestnut Tree House.
• Your £675 means a child can spend a whole night at Chestnut Tree House.
• Your £887 means a family are fully supported through the most difficult time of saying their final goodbyes to their child.
If you have or are looking to get your own place in the London Landmarks Half Marathon and wish to run for Chestnut Tree, do let us know. We’d love to hear from you and support you all the way.
Get in touch and we can send you a running vest and fundraising pack.