Information about our services for patients and families.Our care services
This brand new event on the Sussex running calendar gives entrants the privileged opportunity to run across the South Downs on private land not usually open to the public!
Starting at Madehurst Cricket club, this is ideal for runners of all abilities. Set to the stunning backdrop of the South Downs, with access to beautiful private trails, this new for 2019 run undulates between trails and paths.
Chestnut Tree House are proud to be supporting this run in its first year and wish all runners a fantastic day! Register here today!
The Madehurst South Downs 10K is supporting Chestnut Tree House, meaning that just by entering this picturesque event, you’re already helping us raise vital funds to care for even more families across Sussex.
If you wanted to take that even further…
• Raising £157 allows a member of our Community Team to provide a few hours specialist nursing care and symptom management for a life-limited child in the child’s home, allowing the parents or carers to spend quality time together.
• Whilst £285 will provide for one hour of all care services at Chestnut Tree House.
You can see below all the ways in which your fundraising helps children and young adults in need.
• Join our Facebook group to chat with other Chestnut Tree House runners and share training tips and advice.
We’ll send you a Chestnut Tree House fundraising pack, however you can start your fundraising straight away by doing the following:
• Set up a JustGiving page – the easy way to raise sponsor money online. Visit www.justgiving.com to get started!
• Take a look at our Fundraising Hints & Tips
• Download a Chestnut Tree House Sponsor Form
£157 allows a member of our Community Team to provide a few hours specialist nursing care and symptom management for a life-limited child in the child’s home, allowing the parents or carers to spend quality time together.
£285 will provide for one hour of all care services at Chestnut Tree House
£651 will allow a child to spend a night at Chestnut Tree House, where they will receive specialist care and symptom management from our nursing team and be able to enjoy the facilities which the hospice offers
£887 will allow a nurse to support a family immediately following bereavement, helping them to plan the funeral and to say their final goodbyes to their child
£1,500 allows our Community Team to host a Family Day for 20 families, providing a range of activities and information for the whole family to enjoy
£1,953 will give a child a 3 night break at Chestnut Tree House where they will receive specialist care and symptom management from our nursing team and, where required, end of life care. Of course they will also be able to enjoy the hydrotherapy pool, relax in the multi-sensory room and join in with a host of activities, whilst mum and dad get the chance to “recharge their batteries.”