Why we want you:
Our reception is the first point of contact for all our visitors and telephone calls and we need a friendly face that can remain calm and collected at all times.
What the role will involve:
- Greeting visitors to the hospice, such as patients’ relatives, supporters and business visitors
- Ensuring the log book of visitors is filled in
- Answering the phone and passing on calls and messages to relevant people in the hospice
- Distributing and collecting post from around the hospice
- Using the franking machine for outgoing post
- Keeping the reception area tidy and information sources stocked
- Undertaking administration duties to help out our teams when quiet
We will provide you with induction training which will include an Introduction to the Hospice, Health and Safety Awareness and relevant on the job training.
- A willingness to learn (Some of these skills you will already have and some may require training, which we will provide for you including any training on our software).
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Concise and accurate message taking
- Ability to remain calm and adopt an empathetic and sensitive approach
- Flexibility and willingness to work on your own or part of our team
- Good time-keeping and reliability
- Ability to operate switchboard telephone system
- Good computer skills and knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- An insight into children with disabilities and the needs of their families
- Approval by the Disclosure and Barring Service (check carried out by hospice)
- Understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- Any personal grief resolved
How to apply:
To apply for this role, please download our application form on this page and return to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject box of your email should include the volunteer opportunity title.
Please also complete and return the Equal Opportunities monitoring form. Completion of any part of this form is voluntary and all information will be treated in confidence and will not be seen by line management responsible for the appointment.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact Voluntary Services on 01903 706315 or email email@example.com.