Why we want you:
We need you to assist the Maintenance Officer in the upkeep of Chestnut Tree House, with tasks appropriate to your level of competence.
What’s in it for you:
An opportunity to be part of a team and be able to work independently at times on low risk tasks.
We will provide you with induction training which will include an Introduction to the Hospice, Health and Safety Awareness and relevant on the job training.
The role will include:
- Carrying out fire extinguisher checks
- Checking safety of toys
- Putting up shelves / notice boards etc
- Carrying out weekly / fortnightly and monthly water runs
- Carrying out water temperature checks
- Help carry out fire alarm and nurse call checks
- Plumbing repairs, changing of shower heads and hoses
- Contractor supervision
- Moving of furniture
- Willingness to undertake training on Manual Handling, Health & Safety and the Control of Hazardous Substances (COSHH) and the use of specific maintenance tools where appropriate
- Good communication and listening skills
- Competent in basic maintenance skills including painting and decorating
- Ability to use small hand tools i.e. screwdriver
- Ability to use maintenance apparatus including battery driven equipment, pressure washer and small steps/ladder
- Competent in handling materials identified as hazardous in the COSHH register and the use of power tools
- Flexible, adaptable and willing to work on your own or part of our team
- Reliable and good time-keeping
- Physically able to carry out allocated tasks
- An insight into children with disabilities and the needs of their families
- You will also need to have been approved by the Disclosure and Barring Service
- Understand the importance of confidentiality
- Any personal grief resolved
To apply for this role, please download our application form and return to email@example.com. The subject box of your e-mail should include the volunteer opportunity title.
Please also complete and return the Equal Opportunities monitoring form. Completion of any part of this form is voluntary and all information will be treated in confidence and will not be seen by line management responsible for the appointment.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact Voluntary Services on 01903 706315 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.