Information about our services for patients and families.Our care services
Our symptom management team of qualified healthcare professionals provide support for terminally ill children by offering 24/7 symptom advice and management.
The Chestnut Tree House team includes specialist nurses who work closely with a child or young person, their family and the professionals involved in their care.
They provide a hands-on approach giving support and advice in symptom management for any child or young person (aged 0-19 years) with complex health needs or a life-shortening illness living in Sussex or South East Hampshire.
The aim of the team is to provide a family with choices in the management of their child’s symptoms. We work in partnership with carers to develop an individual symptom management plan which can be used by all.
• 24/7 symptom management support and advice.
• Assessment of a child or young person’s symptoms and the development of an appropriate management plan.
• Assessment of a child or young person where required, such as at home, in a nursery, school or college, at hospital or at the hospice.
• To link a family between home, hospital and hospice environments with other professionals and to signpost to other appropriate services.
• To act as an advocate on behalf of a carer and their child or young person.