Hours: 30 - 35.5 hours per week to be agreed
Salary: £18,992 - £23,685 p.a. based on 30 hours p.w. depending on depth and variety of experience (F.T.E. £23,740 - £25,020)
Closing date: Monday 23 September
Chestnut Tree House is the children’s hospice for East and West Sussex and South East Hampshire, providing specialist palliative care for children and young people with life-shortening conditions.
To manage and provide a high quality catering service for children, young people, their families, staff and visitors to Chestnut Tree House within an agreed budget ensuring that all statutory and environmental regulations are met.
Principle duties and responsibilities
- Plan appropriate and varied menus taking into consideration healthy eating principles, budget limitations, family preferences, and dietary requirements
- Management of the rota ensuring adequate staff cover, including volunteers for all shifts including evenings, week-ends and Bank Holidays
- Participate in recruitment of new staff and volunteers, and facilitate and support new employee in induction programme training and maintain effective communication throughout the team including performance reviews
- Management of training records, ensuring that team members are fully compliant with the needs of their roles
- Ensure that statutory and environmental regulations are met with regard to Food Handling and Hygiene, and Health and Safety
- Manage the catering budget
- Report and record any maintenance issues, liaising with service contractors as necessary
- To seek regular feedback from service users, including management of complaints and implementation of appropriate resolutions as well as passing on compliments and positive feedback to the team.