Information about our services for patients and families.Our care services
Chestnut Tree House is a children’s charity providing hospice care services and community support for children and young people with progressive life-shortening conditions in East and West Sussex and South East Hampshire.
There are hundreds of children and young people in your local community who are unlikely to reach adulthood. And even more parents and family members who need care, help and support on their journey, as they do not know how long they will have together.
From special days out to the every day at home, you help children and their families make the most of every moment together.
Special outings to the beach, the woods or the park. The chance to experience the wonder of weightlessness in a hydrotherapy pool. Time for parents to just be parents, and not carers. Time to say goodbye.
Your help enables families to spend time together. Precious moments that give a lifetime of memories.
Your support makes all of this happen at Chestnut Tree House.
For today. For tomorrow. For the Now.
Watch the video below to be taken on a virtual tour through the grounds and facilities at Chestnut Tree House.
Chestnut Tree House offers support for the whole family including psychological and bereavement support, end of life and short break care and sibling support.
It currently costs over £4 million each year to provide all the care services offered by Chestnut Tree House. Families are never charged for their care and less than 6p in every pound is funded by the government, so we rely heavily on the generosity, help and support of the people of Sussex.
At Chestnut Tree House our goal is to provide the best quality of life for children, young people and their families, and to offer a total package of practical, social and spiritual support throughout each child’s life, however short it may be.
• Assessment, advice and information for children and young adults with life-limiting or life-threatening conditions 24 hours per day.
• Specialist short breaks, emergency and end of life care provided at Chestnut Tree House 24 hours per day.
• Support for the entire family following diagnosis through the whole disease process by the multidisciplinary team at Chestnut Tree House.
• Hospice at home and community care services for children and families in their own homes throughout East and West Sussex and South East Hampshire.
• Bereavement support which includes befriending, counselling and spiritual care.
• Support and advice on the transition from paediatric palliative care services to adult services.
To find out more about the care services we provide, visit the care section of our website.
West Sussex County Council requires short break providers to display information about their services which you can read all about on the Local Offer website.
As an independent hospice we are regularly inspected by the Care Quality Commission.View our latest CQC rating
We are registered with the Fundraising Regulator. Read our fundraising standards.Read our fundraising standards
We follow the NICE guidelines on end of life care for infants, children and young people.Read the NICE guidelines