Information about our services for patients and families.Our care services
Take part in this popular marathon by the sea
The 2019 event will take place on Sunday 14 April.
Starting at Preston Park, the 26.2 mile course will take in the sights of Brighton and the surrounding area. With a stunning backdrop of the sea, the Brighton Marathon finishes on the seafront with 150,000 spectators and an unbeatable atmosphere.
Own place entries
What you can expect when you join our team
• We’ll be there on race day to meet you before the race starts and wish you luck!
• We’ll have our enthusiastic cheer teams along the route ready to cheer you on. Don’t forget to wear your FREE Chestnut Tree House vest so that you stand out from the crowd.
• We’ll hold a post-race reception in the Beach Village with refreshments and massage.
• We’ll also invite you to our pre-marathon Pasta Party in the week leading up to race day, so come and join us for a drink and a bite to eat and meet the rest of our Chestnut Tree House Brighton Marathon team
• Join our Facebook group to chat with other Chestnut Tree House runners and share training tips and advice.
We’ll send you a Chestnut Tree House fundraising pack, however you can start your fundraising straight away by doing the following:
• Set up a JustGiving page – the easy way to raise sponsor money online. Visit www.justgiving.com to get started!
• Take a look at our fundraising hints and tips
• Download a Chestnut Tree House sponsor form
£157 allows a member of our Community Team to provide a few hours specialist nursing care and symptom management for a life-limited child in the child’s home, allowing the parents or carers to spend quality time together.
£285 will provide for one hour of all care services at Chestnut Tree House
£651 will allow a child to spend a night at Chestnut Tree House, where they will receive specialist care and symptom management from our nursing team and be able to enjoy the facilities which the hospice offers
£887 will allow a nurse to support a family immediately following bereavement, helping them to plan the funeral and to say their final goodbyes to their child
£1,500 allows our Community Team to host a Family Day for 20 families, providing a range of activities and information for the whole family to enjoy
£1,953 will give a child a 3 night break at Chestnut Tree House where they will receive specialist care and symptom management from our nursing team and, where required, end of life care. Of course they will also be able to enjoy the hydrotherapy pool, relax in the multi-sensory room and join in with a host of activities, whilst mum and dad get the chance to “recharge their batteries.”
If you don’t fancy a whole marathon, but would still like to be part of the Brighton Marathon Weekend, why not take part in the BM10k? Chestnut Tree House has places available and we’d love you to join our team. Click here to find out more and apply for a place today.