Information about our services for patients and families.Our care services
Join 15,000 runners in the UK’s second biggest marathon with Chestnut Tree House on Sunday 19 April. Join Team Chestnut for free and raise £500 to make every step count for children with life-shortening conditions and their families in Sussex.
Starting in beautiful Preston Park, the Brighton Marathon takes you through the iconic streets of Brighton, over the fabulous coastal roads of Ovingdean Cliffs, and along a stunning seafront backdrop to the finish at Madeira Drive. With 150,000 supporters this a run not to be missed!
Run for Chestnut Tree House in the Brighton Marathon 2020 to help raise vital funds to provide care and support for even more children and their families across Sussex and South East Hampshire.
Registration is absolutely free with a minimum sponsorship of £500. We’ll be there to support you every step of the way!
Brighton Marathon 2020 takes place on Sunday 19 April, starting at 9:45am from Preston Park to the Event Village on Madeira Drive.
You’ll need to collect your race pack and race number from the Event Village on the Friday or Saturday ahead of the event.
Find more information about parking, travel, shuttle buses, bag-drops, toilet locations and water stops in 2020 on the Brighton Marathon website.
Results and timings for this year can be found on the Brighton Marathon website and will be posted on race day for 2020.
The Brighton Marathon start line and bag drop is at Preston Park and finish line is on Madeira Drive. View the full 2019 route map below.
Road closures will likely start at 5:30am and continue throughout the day. View the full 2019 road closures map here.
The Brighton Marathon 2020 route map and road closures will be available nearer race day.
Here is how your support can help transform the lives of local children, young people, and their families everyday…
• Your £220 means a child can be cared for at home, giving the parents or carers quality time together.
• Your £230 means a child can enjoy themselves with a day of play at Chestnut Tree House.
• Your £285 means an hour of all care services can be given at Chestnut Tree House.
• Your £675 means a child can spend a whole night at Chestnut Tree House.
• Your £887 means a family are fully supported through the most difficult time of saying their final goodbyes to their child.
• Your £1,500 means 20 families can enjoy a whole dedicated Family Day full of fun and activities that give families precious time together.
• Your £2,025 means a child can enjoy a 3 night break at Chestnut Tree House; relaxing in the multi sensory room, floating and splashing in the therapy pool, and having fun playing…all whilst mum and dad get to “recharge their batteries”.
We couldn’t make our events work without our team of amazing and dedicated volunteers. Helping with marshalling, car parking, bag drops, medal giving, and being part of our race day cheer squads.