Information about our services for patients and families.Our care services
Good luck to our Brighton Marathon 2019 runners. Find all the information you need about the event or register your interest in the Brighton Marathon 2020 today! For making a difference with every step. For crossing the finish line. For The Now.
Inspired by the buzzing atmosphere, 150,000 spectators and stunning backdrop of the sea at the Brighton Marathon 2019? Join Team Chestnut at the Brighton Marathon 2020, the second biggest marathon in the UK.
Good luck to all our #TeamChestnut runners in the Brighton Marathon on Sunday 14 April!
• We’ll be there on race day to meet you before the race starts and wish you luck!
• Our enthusiastic cheer teams will be along the route ready to cheer you on. Don’t forget to wear your Chestnut Tree House vest so that you stand out from the crowd.
• We’ll hold a post-race reception in the Event Village (marquee number 3) with refreshments and massage.
• They’ll also be a post race day congratulations event later in the year to say thank you for being amazing super stars…look out for more info on this over the summer.
Brighton Marathon race packs must be collected from the Event Village on Friday or Saturday ahead of the event.
Find more information about parking, travel, toilet locations and water stops on the Brighton Marathon website.
The Brighton Marathon start line and bag drop is at Preston Park and finish line is at the Event Village on Madeira Drive. View the full route map below. Race start is at 9:45am.
Road closures start at 5:30am and continue throughout the day. View the full road closures map here.
Results and timings will appear on the Brighton Marathon website on Race Day.
• Join our Facebook group to chat with other Chestnut Tree House runners and share training tips and advice.
We’ll send you a Chestnut Tree House fundraising pack, however you can start your fundraising straight away by doing the following:
• Set up a JustGiving page – the easy way to raise sponsor money online. Visit www.justgiving.com to get started!
• Take a look at our Fundraising Hints & Tips
• Download a Chestnut Tree House Sponsor Form
£157 allows a member of our Community Team to provide a few hours specialist nursing care and symptom management for a life-limited child in the child’s home, allowing the parents or carers to spend quality time together.
£285 will provide for one hour of all care services at Chestnut Tree House
£651 will allow a child to spend a night at Chestnut Tree House, where they will receive specialist care and symptom management from our nursing team and be able to enjoy the facilities which the hospice offers
£887 will allow a nurse to support a family immediately following bereavement, helping them to plan the funeral and to say their final goodbyes to their child
£1,500 allows our Community Team to host a Family Day for 20 families, providing a range of activities and information for the whole family to enjoy
£1,953 will give a child a 3 night break at Chestnut Tree House where they will receive specialist care and symptom management from our nursing team and, where required, end of life care. Of course they will also be able to enjoy the hydrotherapy pool, relax in the multi-sensory room and join in with a host of activities, whilst mum and dad get the chance to “recharge their batteries.”