Spring Raffle Terms and Conditions
St Barnabas Hospices (Sussex) Ltd has two hospices. Chestnut Tree House children’s hospice and St Barnabas House adults’ hospice
You can support Chestnut Tree House by going to www.chestnut-tree-house.org.uk/raffle
You can support St Barnabas House by going to www.stbh.org.uk/raffle
All profits from St Barnabas Hospices (Sussex) Ltd Spring Raffle go directly towards funding our hospice charity services which help and support patients and their families and carers. We offer these services at no cost to our patients and families.
- Players must be 16 years old or over and a UK resident.
- There will be 8 prize winners drawn on the date specified.
- There will be an additional draw of 25 X £10 vouchers for people who have responded by the early date as specified.
- Cost of entry into the Spring Raffle is £1 per ticket, payable in advance.
- Postal payments can be made by cheque or credit/debit card when returning an entry form. (Paying by a credit card may incur a fee charged by your issuing card provider as the purchase of lottery, raffle or prize draw tickets is classed as Gambling.). St Barnabas Hospices (Sussex) Ltd are not responsible or accountable for these charges. Payment online and by telephone can only be made by Debit Card in accordance with Gambling Commission rules.
- If a supporter wishes to purchase more than 30 entries they will be referred to the Lottery Manager for approval.
- The draw will take place on the date specified on the ticket or confirmation email.
- All entries must be received by the date specified on the ticket or on our website. This will usually be 5 working days before the draw date. Any monies received after this date will be treated as a donation.
- All income and the carrying out of the draw will be handled by Sterling Lotteries based in Barrow in Furness who are licensed by the Gambling Commission to hold this draw under the instruction of St Barnabas Hospices (Sussex) Ltd
- The winner will be drawn by a random generating system on the morning of the draw on the date stated. Each of the winners are selected at random by secure computer software.
- Prize winners are notified by post within 1 week of the draw taking place. This will include the relevant prize cheque made payable in the name of the entrant only. (Players must be 16 years old or over and a UK resident).
Winning numbers displayed on our websites www.chestnutlottery.org.uk and www.stbarnabaslottery.org.uk. , www.chestnut-tree-house.org.uk , www.stbarnabas-house.org.uk
- It is the responsibility of the entrant to advise us of any change of address or any other contact details deemed necessary. St Barnabas Hospices (Sussex) Ltd will not be liable for any failure or inability to contact any entrant due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details.
- Spring Raffle ticket payments are not eligible for Gift Aid but any additional donations will be handled under the gift aid scheme.
- St Barnabas Hospices (Sussex) Ltd Lottery cannot accept liability for the loss of or delays in or theft of any communication sent by post, online, email or fax, nor for any delays in the banking system.
- St Barnabas Hospices (Sussex) Ltd reserve the right not to accept an application without giving reason and at our absolute discretion.
- The Gambling Act 2005 confirms that St Barnabas Hospices (Sussex) Ltd Spring Raffle has a statutory duty to verify that players are aged 16 or over. It is an offence for anyone under the age of 16 years to participate in a lottery. St Barnabas Hospices (Sussex) Ltd Lottery will, where appropriate, carry out checks to verify this requirement, if necessary including seeking confirmation from relevant Agencies who can provide such information.
- Should a prize winner be found to be under the age of 16 we will refund their money and withhold the prize.
- Members wishing to self-exclude can do so by contacting the Lottery Office, but will not be able to rejoin the lottery for a period of 6 months from the date of self-exclusion.
- All complaints or disputes will be dealt with in accordance with our policy, a copy of which is available from the Lottery Office. In the event that a complaint or dispute cannot be resolved then it will be referred to arbitration. As we are a member of the Hospice Lotteries Association this will be The Independent Betting Arbitration Service (IBAS)
- St Barnabas Hospices (Sussex) Ltd Lottery is a member of the Hospice Lotteries Association hospicelotteries.org.uk. This organisation makes a financial contribution on behalf of their members to Gamble Aware, an organisation with the sole aim of prevention of gambling harms. Further support that provides practical help to problem gamblers can also be found on BeGambleAware and also GAMCARE.
- St Barnabas Hospices (Sussex) Ltd reserves the right to amend or modify these terms and conditions without notice.
Registered Charity No. 256789
Lottery Licence No. 000-004684-N-304773-009
Promoter: St Barnabas Hospices (Sussex) Ltd
Responsible Manager: Rebecca Jupp and Alan Maher
Registered address: St Barnabas Hospices (Sussex) Ltd, Titnore Lane, Goring by Sea, Worthing, West Sussex, BN12 6NZ. We are registered as a company in England and the registered company number is 930107.
Licensed by the Gambling Commission – www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk